Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- Make your year a little easier, and give your ELL students high quality, high interest, fun materials! If you covered everything in this pack it would probably take around 70 school days. That's a lot of material for your school year -- nearly 4 months!Many of these 30+ resources work with multiple$49.99$99.80Save $49.81
This is a bundle of two text levels of The Monkey's Paw, plus activities and lessons - they assign straight to Google Classroom (with no prep!) via TPT Digital.
The two levels cover Beginner to Advanced ESL students and ELA classes. Perfect for differentiated or tiered instruction! The package also comes with the original text
Tackle vocabulary and ELA critical thinking -- including inferencing, irony and literary elements -- with the story, bundled lesson ideas, six reusable graphic organizers and activities! Also includes 5-day lesson plans ready to submit.
This two-part story is part of a collection of high-interest material specifically designed by an experienced ESL/ELA teacher for ENL, ESL, ELL students. It is short enough for beginner English Language learners (spanning 10 core pages of text, graphics and questions), yet contains meaningful content and engaging activities that are sure to provoke discussion. ELA concepts are embedded throughout the text. additional lesson plan suggestions are included.
The 10- or 13-sided handout can be copied for your class. The images can be displayed on a screen, if you have one. You can expand the story into a mini-unit with the extra graphic organizers. The vocabulary is geared towards ESL learners.
- The two-part story with artwork. The language of the story has been simplified for ELLs, but it follows the original story exactly. You could spend anywhere from a single period to a week on the story.
- Activities including vocabulary and writing. (Note the vocabulary is aimed mainly at English Language Learners.)
- Ideas for teachers — what to do before reading, during reading and after reading.
- Extension project ideas.
- Two grids for retelling the story as a comic - with cut out and glue speech bubbles and sequence words.
- A 3 page graphic organizer to teach character with a portrait frame and STEAL analysis.
- A film strip graphic organizer for teaching setting.
- A scary story Pumpkin graphic organizer to analyze what makes a story scary.
- The original version of the story for advanced students.
- A 5 day lesson plan (Word Doc) ready for submission, modified for both beginner and intermediate levels. Includes aims, objectives, activities, and summarizers.
- Answer key.
- TPT Digital versions so you can assign straight to Google Classroom.
More great materials for your ELLs:
Be sure to check out my Halloween products for nonfiction, an original short story, plus the classic "The Monkey's Paw". They are all for beginner ESL students, and there is a great value bundle containing the whole lot of them. If you're looking for fun activities, nonfiction, a short story for Christmas ("The Little Match Girl") and the New Year, take a look at my Christmas and New Year materials. I also have a series of short stories that will engage your students at any time, while teaching grammar and vocab. Enjoy and have fun teaching!
ELA = Fiction, Conflict, Questioning, Setting, Details, Inferencing, Character, Irony.
Grades = 6+
English as a New Language Level = Beginner and up
Estimated length = Five hours, plus (depending on how many of the additional exercises you use, such as the setting or character handouts.)
Answer key included
File Type = PDF (Lessons plans in Word format for modification)