This product is also available in my bundle Short Horror Stories Lesson Collection.
This classic tale of horror is fun and engaging any time of year. Thorough analysis of "The Tale of the Monkey's Paw" in this fifteen-page lesson packet for middle and high. Pre-reading activity sheet. Visual dictionary. Sequence organizer. Analysis worksheet - 20+ questions focused on the elements of fiction. Multi-learning styles.
Before, during, and after reading reflections can be used for individual assessment or in a small group. Probing questions assessing students' mastery of literary devices, inference, and providing textual evidence - all of which promote deep-level thinking.
Please note that the story of "The Monkey's Paw" is available in short story and play versions and that this lesson works perfectly with both. :)
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Junior High & Secondary Students to Love:
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Glad you visited!
H. H. Jacobs