The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs is a complete unit of work with an 81 slide editable PowerPoint presentation and a 23 page booklet of worksheets.
English Teaching Resources: The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs contains a range of lessons, tasks and activities designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the literary context, plot, characters, language and themes of this easy to follow pre-1914 short story.
The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs teaching resources include a collection of activities for pupils of all abilities:
- A scheme of work overview with 5 four part lessons covering social, historical and literary context, plot, characters and language
- Analysis of the characters of Mr White, Mrs White, Herbert and the Sergeant Major
- Extension activities for G&T pupils
- Cloze exercises and questions to consolidate knowledge and understanding
- Literary context understanding influences - the gothic tradition - activity and notes
- A copy of the text to display
- TV version of The Monkey's Paw link
- Analysing W W Jacobs' use of language to build mood and tension in the story
- Essay question with planning guidance
- 5 lesson scheme of work
- An 81 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 23 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow