The Monster on Top of the Bed Supplemental Activities
These activities were created, with permission, to supplement the book The Monster on Top of the Bed
, written by Alan Jordan
and illustrated by Manuela Pentangelo
Need a copy of this book for your classroom? You can purchase a digital copy right here on TPT in Alan Jordan's TPT store
. Don't forget to listen to the story online on YouTube
Download a FREE copy of the complimentary book My Monster on Top of the Bed
, which is a wordless version for students to use.
1) Book Cover Poster
2) Discussion Questions to use with your Classroom
3) Tips for Parents
4) Decode the Secret Message (Golden Rule) activity
5) Be an Illustrator (2 versions - one with writing lines and one without)
6) Have you ever been afraid? (2 versions - one with writing lines and one without)
7) Carrots for Karrit Counting Emergent Reader (13 pages - practices counting up to 10)
8) Counting Karrits Counting Emergent Reader (11 pages - practices counting up to 10)
**Activities 7 & 8's pages can be mixed and matched to create a unique reader
9) Colorful Monsters - Reading and identifying color words
10) My Monster Illustrating Activity
11) My Monster Color-by-Short-Vowels
12) Monster Mazes - Alphabet (Upper & Lowercase), and pathway mazes with no blocks. Spice it up by asking students to draw in their own blocks into the maze.
13) Color Me - Monster coloring page
14) Monster Parts Patterns - AB, AAB, ABB, ABC, & Mixed Reviews & colorful Pocket Chart Monster Part pieces
15) Cut & Paste Monster Part Counting (1-5 & 6-10)
16) Missing Numbers - Identify missing numbers in sequential groups
17) My Monster Color Words Emergent Reader (13 pages) - Includes red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white, brown, grey, & gray.
Like it? Don't forget to rate it. I appreciate your opinions and feedback!