Also included in
- Looking for engaging Halloween activities for your students while still hitting the standards? Look no further. This reading comprehension and writing bundle focuses on the comprehension skills of character analysis, while reviewing character, setting, problem and solution, text connections, and ret$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This reading comprehension and writing bundle focuses on the comprehension strategies of lesson and moral, nonfiction text features, captions, main idea & details, and character analysis using 22 different mentor text including 5 printable nonfiction readers. Guided reading themes included are$70.00$101.50Save $31.50
The Monster's Monster reading comprehension unit focuses on the comprehension strategy of character analysis while reviewing text connections, story retell, character, setting, and problem and solution for the mentor text, "The Monster's Monster" by Patrick McDonnell. Bring Halloween fun to your classroom with this focused and engaging guided reading unit.
This engaging book companion unit includes:
- a unique craft
- writing prompts
- graphic organizers
- story element posters
- anchor chart headers
- focused worksheets to deepen understanding of the story elements
- book talk questions
- parent connection materials
- lesson plan ideas and more!
This easy-to-implement guided reading resource is an engaging Halloween unit that will bring that festive fun to the classroom this October!
Click Here>> To read my blog post about this Halloween Reading Comprehension Unit (includes a freebie!)
Check out these other helpful Guided Reading with a Purpose Units...
► WEEK 7Fall Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 19Penguins Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 21Feelings Guided Reading Activities