This is a fantastically engaging and complete unit for your middle schoolers for Rod Serling's The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. This is a teleplay from The Twilight Zone television series.
You will get the following materials:
- Pre-reading Group Questions/Discussion Prompts
- Pre-Reading Vocabulary and Extension Activities with Key
- Charting Plot: Two Types of Charts with Key
- Literary Elements Chart with Key
- Reader Response Questions with Key
- Analyzing Dialogue and Stage Directions Chart with Key
- Cause and Effect Chart with Key
- Final Assessment: Short answer with Key
- Small Group (or Individual) Project Handout
- Journal/Discussion Topics (single page and two per page options)
- Dialectical Journal Template
Unit Completion time (with any supplemental activities such as watching the Twilight Zone episode, or using any poetry or non-fiction) is about three weeks.
I hope you and your students enjoy this!
⭐Teacher in the Rye⭐
Follow me for updates and new products for your MS or HS English classroom!