The Moon - This 2-DAY lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), a Moon phase hands-on activity, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with FIVE videos embedded into the lesson and many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
This lesson can also be found bundled in my The Moon and its Phases - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
- "Wish I had found the lessons before I had started teaching the moon phases. It was a great way to review the end of the unit for my students."
- "Thank you, this is wonderful!"
- "Wonderful resource, thanks!!!"
- "Thank you for sharing your talent and creativity with others!"
The minds-on inquiry activities are meant to breakdown student misconceptions and help guide them to the correct concepts.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Minds-on Inquiry
- Moon Stats
- What if we had no Moon?
- The orbit of the Moon
- Rotation of the Moon
- The Dark Side of the Moon
- The Phases of the Moon
- The Tides
- The Moon Illusion
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google version of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- FOUR videos embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
If you are interested in a really engaging and simple to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson, please CLICK HERE to learn more.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.