Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Most Dangerous Game Figurative Language Power Point Presentation and quiz
This is an entertaining and colorful power point presentation and worksheet which introduces the figurative language in the classic short story, The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell. It focuses on the six most common kinds of figurative language used by the author; simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, synecdoche and oxymoron. This packet contains,
1) A Figurative Language Workshop which teaches your students the concepts of figurative language such as simile, metaphor, Personification, oxymoron, hyperbole, and synecdoche.
2) An active reading graphic organizer to help your students identify and chart the figurative language in this or any other novel as they read.
3) An intermediate figurative language quiz or worksheet with answer sheet
4) A challenger figurative language quiz or worksheet with answer sheet
5) Two versions of a beginner figurative language quiz or worksheet with answer sheet
6) Now I have added a power point presentation which introduces the figurative language in the story.
I use the active reading graphic organizer after the workshop and let the students find the figurative language first before they do the worksheets and quizzes. I think you and your kids will love this one.