The Most Dangerous Game
Figurative Language Workshop and Power Point Presentation
This packet adds my Figurative Language Power Point Presentation to the regular activity packet. Besides the PPT presentation, the Activity Packet and workshop contains activities related to figurative language in the short story, The Most Dangerous Game, by Richard Connell. This is a 16 page packet which contains
1) A Figurative Language Workshop which teaches your students the concepts of figurative language such as simile, metaphor, Personification, oxymoron, hyperbole, and synecdoche.
2) An active reading graphic organizer to help your students identify and chart the figurative language in this or any other novel as they read.
3) An intermediate figurative language quiz or worksheet with answer sheet
4) A challenger figurative language quiz or worksheet with answer sheet
5) Two versions of a beginner figurative language quiz or worksheet with answer sheet
6) Now I have added a power point presentation which introduces the figurative language in the story.
I use the active reading graphic organizer after the workshop and let the students find the figurative language first before they do the worksheets and quizzes. I think you and your kids will love this one.