This is a teaching unit for the short story, "The Most Dangerous Game."
1. An in-depth literary analysis for lecture notes. It analyzes suspense, mood, tone, foreshadowing, irony, theme, character analysis, metaphor, allusion, conflict, and symbol.
2. A Literary Analysis Worksheet and teacher’s key.
3. Five essay prompts/discussion questions. These can be used as formal essay prompts or for class discussion.
4. A twenty-five question test with 20 multiple choice items and 5 items the students will timeline.
5. Eight vocabulary words and a sample Vocabulary Study Card.
6. A list of Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts, Reading for Literature 6-12 and Writing Standards 6-12, with which this unit aligns.