Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE.
Examples of clues:
* The maid turned ABRUPTLY from the mirror. (ant.) ANSWER: slowly
* ...He watched the hungry machine DEVOUR dust and lint that lay in its path. (syn.) ANSWER: eat
* “No, I didn’t MISLAY it,” insisted the boy. “I put it right here on the table beside my sports car. (ant.) ANSWER: find
* But when Ralph reached the mousehole he found PANDEMONIUM. (Noisy ___; syn.) ANSWER: confusion
More challenging—and fun!—than a typical vocabulary crossword!
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE edition of Bookmarks Plus.
The Mouse and the Motorcycle edition of Bookmarks Plus—Handy Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE 50- Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle. (View list below.)
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Here are more unique products over THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE—A Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Familiarize students with new words before they read the book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Mouse and the Motorcycle edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Mouse and the Motorcycle Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Fun! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
* THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE: Chapter Title Cryptograms—Challenges students’ reading-for-detail skills! Students decode the 13 chapter titles from the story, with each cryptogram puzzle having its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!