This station also included in the Grades 3-4 Basic Operations Math Stations MEGA Bundle. This includes all of the Math Stations for Basic Operations for Grades 3-4, at a discount. See that Mega Bundle HERE.
SEE ALL MATH STATIONS FOR ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, MULTIPLICATION, AND DIVISION HERE
Looking for a Multiplication Station for MULTI-DIGIT MULTIPLICATION? See it HERE.
Do you want to implement more mental math strategies into your classroom, but don’t know where to start? Do you already teach mental math, but want to work more strategically to target your students more effectively? This is going to be the solution that you have been looking for.
The Multiplication Station integrates simple principles of student engagement
including power, fun and choice. These basic principles will engage, motivate, and ensure success
for all learners in your classroom.
So, how does it work?
Well, it’s really quite simple. Students work through a series of activities for each level. They complete the activities, self-check using the prepared answer keys, and keep track of their progress using their personal tracker. At the end of each level, the student asks the teacher for a quick, informal, one-minute oral quiz. If he knows his facts/strategies, he moves to the next level. If not, he simply practices a bit more until he feels ready. There are no negative consequences.
This process is entirely student-run.
It is a beautiful thing to sit back and watch your students “running the show.” After the first week of this program, you will notice your role switching from that of teacher to that of facilitator.
Why do students love this approach so much? It’s easy: they have power!
They have freedom!
They are truly in control of their own learning. And THAT results in highly motivated students who love to learn.
Add to that an effective order of teaching the strategies that really makes practical sense, and you will have students who feel smart, successful and engaged.
It’s just that simple. Your students are going to love this.
You are going to be noticing some pretty big changes within your math instruction once you start using this resource:
- Your teaching will become more effective
, as you teach in a practical order where the easiest facts and strategies are learned first.
- Your teaching will become strategic
. Finally! An organized, effective way to focus on mental math strategies. The work is done for you.
- The amount of marking that you have to do will decrease, as students are responsible for their own assessment. (Of course you’ll be doing observational assessment throughout, but you will be doing NO marking
- Once you prepare the Multiplication Station, it can be used for at least a couple of months – that’s one less center that you need to worry about!
- Your students will become reflective as they develop metacognition.
- Your students will become motivated mathematicians. Finally, they can all work to a level that is appropriate for themselves.
- Your students will experience success on a regular basis
, as a result of working to a level that is appropriate.
- Your math class will become student-centered
. Your students are truly in control of their own learning.
This resource includes everything that you need to make this program a huge success in your classroom, including:
- TWO versions of the Multiplication Station: one to 5x5 and one to 12x12
- strategic, progressive, multiplication activities for each set of facts; each strategy is first isolated and then integrated with previous strategies to result in maximum understanding and mastery
- answer keys
- an accompanying video to help you prepare and understand your Multiplication Station (I want to support you the best I can!)
- clear set-up instructions
- parent resources and home practice charts
- classroom posters
- student and teacher assessment trackers
- Multiplication Passports
Teacher support is very important to me and I do everything possible to guide you through the process of creating your own Multiplication Station. Within the document you will find checklists, set-up guides, as well as a support video to guide you through the set-up process.
What are others saying about The Multiplication Station?
“This was the best thing I have bought off of TpT yet! The kids loved it and it was much better to use than the actual multiplication curriculum. Thank you so much for spending the time on this.” -Allison K.
“I can’t say how much I love this! Every day the kiddos can’t wait for multiplication station! I use it as independent work for the last 15 mins of each class and it has been great for a review and extra practice for basic facts!” –Nyssa D.
“What an incredible resource! Very comprehensive, practical and easy to implement!” –Esther S.
"Wow! The set up time is totally worth the impact this program is having in my classroom! My kids are loving it and so am I – it is wonderful to witness student success at all levels and the drive to get to the next level.” -Jill A.
“This product is fantastic. I love that I can pull bits and pieces to fit with the curriculum that my school already uses. I can also see how it would be a beneficial program to use as a stand-along multiplication program. The video that is provided supported the resource and helped explain all of the components. Thank you for this amazing product!” –Funky in Fourth
“This is the best multiplication resource I have seen in a long time. My 3rd graders are really learning and gaining in multiplication. The best strength of this program is it convinces the students that multiplication is easy.” -Rees N.
“This is amazing! So many of the kids had their “light bulb” moment with multiplication from this packet. It helped a lot of the students truly understand multiplying and the progression was great. One of the best purchases I’ve made off TpT.” -Mattie H.
Please see the PREVIEW file for a full preview and all of the information you need.
Thank you for your interest,