The Mysterious Lemon Shark: Eating Their Own - Science Worksheet Print or Google
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
Sharks have long fascinated the human consciousness, if Shark Week is any indication, they still do. Scientists continue to learn more about this mysterious species but as they do, new questions arise. Recently, researchers have been mystified by the usually benign Lemon Shark. It seems that the Lemons in the area of Bimini have been consuming smaller members of their own species! Your students can join scientists as they endeavor to discover why this mysterious phenomenon is taking place.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Digital PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Includes link to Google Slide Hyperdoc with fillable fields for students
- Research link is embedded into the guide for quick access (National Geographic YouTube video (4:13))
- Short answer and extension activity
- Answer key provided
Suggested Teaching Methods:
1. Pair students to watch and answer questions together.
2. Watch the video as a class, then assign questions as a follow-up activity.
3. Assign each student a question(s) to answer and share.
4. Use as a lesson plan for a substitute teacher.
5. Utilize as an extra credit or homework activity for a related topic lesson.
1. Students will learn the basics of Lemon Shark nursery habits.
2. Students will understand the effects of tides on marine predators.
3. Students will reason the causes and effects of cannibalism among shark species.
⏳ Teaching Time
About 20-30 minutes
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
Students using Chromebooks should download the free Chrome app DocHub.
It saves their work in the PDF as they work and has great sharing options including Google Classroom
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)