The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi is a perfect picture book for back to school because it helps establish a positive and inclusive classroom climate from the start. This easy to use literature companion is common core aligned for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade.
This file includes the following no prep, printable activities:
- Two pages of discussion questions (15 questions total) from The Name Jar
- Discussion questions on task cards (2 questions per page)
- First, Next, Then, and Last for The Name Jar
- Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
- Vocabulary Words (taken from text in The Name Jar)
- Sequencing (with an answer key)
- Compare and Contrast
- Fact or Opinion
- New Students Should Know....
- My Name (2 pages)
- My Nicknames
- Three Truths and a Fib
- Friendly Letter to My Teacher
- My Name graphic organizer
- Create a Word Find
- Name Acrostic
- Decorate Your Name
Please look at the preview for a sample of the pages in The Name Jar Literature Unit. If you have any questions, please ask prior to purchasing. I will get back with you quickly! :-)
If you like The Name Jar, please take a look at the other literature units that I offer:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.