Invite fun and creative play into your speech and language sessions with this book activity companion for The Napping House. This packet contains printable resources to support multiple goal areas in speech and language therapy.
Featured in this kit are colorful printable manipulatives that can be placed in background scenes for story retell, sequencing, demonstration of spatial and temporal concepts, and receptive language activities. Assembly instructions are provided to (optionally) transform the manipulatives into a stacking toy!
In addition to the manipulatives, this packet contains several other resources that can be used in tandem to support multiple goal areas in speech therapy:
Sequencing and Story Retell
Prepositions and Spatial Concepts
Early Developing Sounds
1) 11 Cut-out Characters (5 napping characters, 5 woken characters, and the flea)
2) 2 Background Scenes (one bed and one broken bed)
3) Instructions for creating a stacking toy with the napping characters
4) 6 Subjective Pronoun Cue Cards
5) 12 Spatial Concepts Cue Cards
6) 17 Illustrated Comprehension & Inferencing ‘Wh’ Question Cards
7) 3 Illustrated Preposition Worksheets
8) 4 Illustrated Subject-Verb Agreement Worksheets
9) Receptive Language Activity Ideas
10) Early Developing Sounds Word List
11) Paper Craft Activity
Pages are designed to print on 8.5 inch x 11 inch sized paper (US Letter).
In addition to supporting sequencing and story retell activities, use the manipulatives to:
1) Demonstrate spatial concepts in action;
2) Demonstrate temporal concepts in action;
3) Demonstrate cause and effect;
4) Use as a barrier game (using duplicate sets of characters and backgrounds)
5) Have students stack the characters in a particular order to work on following directions;
6) Have students stack the characters upside down to introduce additional spatial concepts;
7) Let students build their own scenes in creative play and have them talk about it.
For additional creative play possibilities, this resource can be used with the Dream Bubbles
printable activity kit on TPT, which is a free download.
Please note: This download does not include the book by Audrey Wood.