PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If you are looking for receptive and expressive language activities for your speech therapy classroom, this resource is for you!! Build understanding of prepositional concepts, sequencing, phonological awareness, vocabulary, describing skills and more! This resource builds language and literacy skills with “The Napping House” by Audrey Wood.
In this resource you will find:
• Ideas for shared reading, with purposes for reading for 3 days
• 20 vocabulary cards for playing “Memory” or “Go-Fish” type card games,
• Prepositions activities for before and after reading,
• Sequencing templates and pictures for sequencing; including a hand washing sequence and parts of the story, (They can also be used for retelling the story.)
• A game to play to reinforce vocabulary, concepts, and sequences,
• Describing vocabulary activities to tell “What kind” and “How” about the characters in the story,
• Inferencing activity for pragmatic language/describing emotions,
• Early literacy activities for phonological awareness; including initial sound, rhyming, word families, syllable counting
I have similar resources for a variety of primary books. Look in my Primary Adapted Books custom category