The Napping House by Audrey Wood is a delightful children's book that features a granny, a child, a dog, a cat, a mouse and a pesky flea who spend the day sleeping through the rain. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. The Napping House Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and/or functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Sequencing Activities including paint stick sequencing and a coloring/sequencing page
6. Phoneme Manipulation- Practice phonological awareness by changing and moving phonemes to make new words
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!