1. After reading "The Napping House" by Don Wood, give each child a bed worksheet and the character worksheet. Have the child help retell the story.
2. Retell the story with the children’s help.
3. Have the children cut out and place the character on the bed during the retell.
4. As the characters jump off the bed have the children remove the characters from the bed.
5. After retelling the story have the children glue the characters on the bed in sequential order.
7. Have the children identify the synonyms for sleeping in the book (ex. Dozing, slumbering, etc.) and antonyms (sleeping, wakeful).
8. If appropriate, have the children write the “sleeping” words on the back of their bed worksheet and/or write sentences using the synonyms/antonyms.