Also included in
- Engage your students in a close reading, literary analysis, vocabulary, and argument writing with this activity bundle for Guy de Maupassant's short story "The Necklace." As your students complete the close reading assignment, they will annotate and analyze the literature, and then write thoughtful$10.20$12.75Save $2.55
- This close reading bundle includes close reading assignments for six short stories: The Gift of the Magi, The Most Dangerous Game, The Interlopers, The Necklace, The Cask of Amontillado, and The Monkey's Paw. All of the close reading text passages and assignments are aligned with the common core st$35.99$64.00Save $28.01
- Engage your students in digital close reading and literary analysis! This digital close reading assignment for "The Necklace" is aligned with the common core state standards (reading literature and writing) and requires students to go back to selected passages from the text to read and closely analy$7.00$9.50Save $2.50
This close reading assignment for "The Necklace" is aligned with the common core state standards (reading literature and writing) and requires students to go back to selected passages from the text to read and closely analyze the conflict and theme in the story.
With an emphasis placed on close reading, students will gain a better understanding of Guy de Maupassant's short story, as well as increase their understanding of conflict and theme, especially since the theme of this story comes from the conflict. Students will then be able to write a one-paragraph literary response that includes quotations and analysis for each literary element: conflict and theme.
This assignment includes:
- Suggested lesson plan
- 6 pages of close reading passages with space for student notes and quotes
- 2 differentiated writing tasks
- An annotation guide
- 2 rubrics for grading
More Resources That Might Interest You:
This resource is included in a BUNDLE!
UPDATE: Formatting issue corrected on 9/16/15