A set of reading activities for use with the text “The Necklace” by Guy de Maupassant Reading questions are in order of the text and include recall as well as inference question. Answer key provided. Critical Thinking questions include an optional paragraph model and short grading rubric. Several graphic organizers offer a visual method of examining and analyzing the text. Choices include Word Webs, Venn Diagrams, and Cause and Effect. Answer guides included.
• Reading Questions: 20 questions, in order of the text. Questions include recall as well as inference/ opinion. Student printable and answer key provided.
• Critical Thinking Questions: 5 questions with short rubric. Can be used for boardwork/ bellwork, discussion, culmination, etc. Includes optional Paragraph Model.
• Word Webs: 4 premade Webs on Setting, The Party, The Debt, and Theme (with identification of theme first). Includes answer guide and one blank Web for student or teacher choice.
• Venn Diagrams: 4 premade on Life Before & After the lost necklace, The 2 Necklaces, What was Wealthy Then and Now, and Mr. and Mrs. Loisel. Includes answer guide and one blank Venn Diagram for student or teacher choice.
• Cause and Effect Diagram: 2 student printable options. One provides the completed Cause column and students fill in the Effect. The other provides selected causes and effects for students to fill in the missing information. Answer key included.
This item is a single file PDF.
This item is also included in the money-saving The Necklace Activity Bundle
Like this? Check these out:
After Twenty Years Activity Bundle (O. Henry) - PDF
Call of the Wild Activity Bundle
The Monkey's Paw Activity Bundle