This short story brings to life one woman’s unhappiness with her station in life. This lesson contains eleven activities so it could take more than one class period depending on how many of the activities you choose to complete. Some can be assigned as homework.
This unit contains:
• Pre-reading vocabulary
• Vocabulary Quiz with KEY
• A short paragraph of background information and a journal topic
• Suggestions on how to read the story
• Close reading questions with KEY
• Graphic organizer on irony and symbols with KEY
• Thought questions
• An interpreting theme worksheet with KEY
• Venn diagram comparing and contrasting Madame and Monsieur Loissel with KEY
• Higher order thinking questions concerning synthesizing and evaluating from which the students will write two paragraphs
• Objective Quiz with KEY
This lesson is good to have on hand for a substitute.