This file includes six activities for the short story "The Necklace." These activities will provide an anticipatory set, assess comprehension, and encourage analytical thinking.
Included in this activity set for "The Necklace":
* The anticipatory questions encourage students to consider concepts from the story present day. Since the story is set many years ago, this will help students connect to the character. (This does not include an answer key, as all questions are opinion based).
* The guide to use while reading helps students track major happenings during the story.
* The short-answer quiz has 5 questions focusing on comprehension. Use it alone as an after-reading quiz or include it in a larger test. Answer key included.
* A multiple-choice quiz that has 5 questions. These questions focus on application of literary devices such as theme and characterization.
* A literary term guide. This focuses on the conflicts, theme, irony, and setting of the story. Answer key included.
* A plot diagram graphic organizer. Answer key included.
I have taught "The Necklace" dozens of times. Because of that, I have developed multiple teaching materials for it. I rarely use every activity included in this product; please choose what best works for individual students and classes.
Other short story quizzes in my store:
The Monkey's Paw