This activity adds a little competition to the classroom. Students are broken up into groups and each group receives a set of cards with examples of irony. Groups race against other groups to place the cards in the correct column to identify it as situational, dramatic, or verbal irony. The first group to do so wins!
Product comes with:
- 10 irony cards
- 3 headers
- answer key
- page for suggestions of use
- worksheet with same examples to assess understanding
Other Figurative Language Resources:
- Identifying Figurative Language FREEBIE
- Identifying Figurative Language
- Writing A Free Verse Poem Activity FREEBIE
- Identifying Idioms: An "I Have Who Has" Game!
- Identifying Irony
- Identifying Oxymorons & Idioms
- Figurative Language Match Cards Activity
- Figurative Language FREEBIE: Similes & Metaphors
- Figurative Language "I Have Who Has" Game"