This PowerPoint covers the following topics:
- What typically happens after a hospital delivery
- The APGAR score
- Bonding with baby / skin-to-skin
- Establishing breastfeeding
- Medical procedures: antibiotic ointment, Vitamin K shot, Hepatitis B shot
- Newborn screening in the state of Texas
- Circumcision options
- Rooming In
- Duration of typical hospital stays
- Baby weight loss following birth
- Breastfeeding in the first week
- Caring for the cord stump
- Finding a pediatrician
- Caring for Mom
Some slides in the PowerPoint place an emphasis on making informed decisions about baby's medical care. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of refusing medical procedures, you may delete those parts of the PowerPoint.
If you are not in the state of Texas, you can edit the slide about newborn screening to reflect the require screenings in your state or country.
Includes links to relevant educational videos.
The PowerPoint may be used alone or in conjunction with the Neonate / Newborn Stage guided questions and the Neonate / Newborn Stage Quiz, both available in my store.