Also included in
- Human Body Systems - Lessons, Lab Stations, Readings, Projects, and Activities. Everything you need plus many engaging, no-prep, no materials needed activities. This package will help you overcome the endless hours of preparation required to present a unit on the human body systems in an engaging an$79.97$159.89Save $79.92
- The Nervous System - A 5E Lesson Bundle for middle and high school students. Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely$14.97$27.90Save $12.93
This fully editable Lab Station on The Nervous System is meant to get your students out of their seats and engaged in the content. Each station not only offers a unique opportunity to test your students knowledge (offer an opinion, answer questions based on a video or reading, draw, etc.), but also provides a fantastic learning opportunity where your kids are learning through assessment. Each station comes with a description card while some also contain more detailed instructions, a reading, questions to answer, etc. Students are equipped with a recording sheet (passport) to write their answers. There is almost no prep for you. Simply print the cards, lay them out around the room and you're all set. An answer key is also provided where applicable.
This lab activity covers:
- Structure, Parts and Functions of the Nervous System
- Structure, Types and Functions of the Neuron
- Reflex Arc
- Nerve Signal Transmission and Action Potential
- The Schwann Cell and Action Potential
- Sodium-Potassium Pump
- Neurotransmitters and its Functions
Bonus Activities: To ensure your students don’t have any downtime between stations, your lab also includes a 10-word word scramble and word search, both with an answer key. You can use them as part of their mark, as a bonus so it’s not mandatory, etc. However you choose to use it, it will ensure that your students are always busy and never idle. Note: For stronger classes, I give the word scramble and for weaker ones, the word search.
- "This was a great activity to help students review the nervous system. It was also very easy to follow!"
- "Excellent experience for students!"
- "Perfect walking lab activity. I added a few stations with hands-on activities to extend this into a two day project. The kids enjoyed the opportunity to walk around the room and were able to work independently. Each station was self-explanatory with clear, concise instructions. I could even set this up for a substitute this year! Thank you!!"
- "Kept students engaged! Thanks!"
**This activity is a wonderful complement to my Nervous System lesson.**
How do the Lab Stations work? Each station is specially designed to be a unique complement to the material while at the same time, provide a valuable learning experience. Below is an overview of how each station works. In your activity, each will be tailored to the specific content.
Station 1: Get Hands-On – using their creative skills, students are required to draw or build.
Station 2: Research – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must research a specific question/issue surrounding the topic.
Station 3: Explain yourself – students write down an opinion to a question in paragraph form.
Station 4: Rest Station - students can use this time to catch up on work they didn't have time to complete at a previous station or prepare themselves for an upcoming one.
Station 5 - Applicability reading – students read a short passage from an article, website, etc. which directly connects the classroom content to a real life application.
Station 6: Test your knowledge – students answer 5 multiple choice questions then provide a written explanation for how/why they came to their conclusions.
Station 7: Learn from the expert – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must watch a short video clip and answer the associated questions. They may stop, rewind and restart as often as they like during the time frame.
Station 8 - Rest Station.
Station 9: Become the question master – Students must create 2 multiple-choice questions, 2 true/false questions and 1 short answer question. Students must also supply the answers.
You might also be interested in my other lab station activities
Ecology and the Environment:
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class.
Thank you for your interest in my products. If you have any questions, please send me an email - email@example.com