"The Night Tourist" by Katherine Marsh is a middle grade novel, which is a modern-day retelling of the Greek myth about Orpheus and Eurydice (in her story, the Underworld lies beneath New York City). This is a very engaging novel for 5th-9th graders, and can be neatly tied into a larger unit on Greek Mythology.
This novel study guide includes:
- 9 Reading Comprehension quizzes (and answer keys) covering the whole book
- 2 versions of the original Orpheus & Eurydice myth
- 1 Powerpoint on a visual tour of the book (providing imagery of the NYC locations)
- 1 list of suggested lesson plan ideas
- 1 final assignment of creating a shoe box diorama (and grading rubric)