PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
-This awesome writing assignment has been one of the most popular I have used.
-There are spaces left for you to write in how many maximum and minimum paragraphs you want it to be and how many of the provided topics you want students to write about. (I always have them select just one so that they have to delve deeper on a single topic.)
-Four topics for students to select from:
-After each topic is a paragraph full of ideas and questions to address in their writing.
-It is a detailed and thorough assignment that can be adjusted to any length. The vocab used in it is is about grade 9.
-It takes students anywhere from 2 hours to 4 days, depending on their level and the length requirements teacher determines.
-Page two is the six traits of writing with detailed explanation of each.
-There are expectations which state (this is directly from the assignment):
General Expectations & Requirements:
(1) A thorough and thoughtful response to each question
(2) Organized and clear* explanation of your thoughts
(3) Adequate and appropriate examples from the text to support your ideas/opinions
*”Organized and clear” means your paragraphs have topic sentences and they stick to the topic, and, the response has a beginning, middle, and end.
(1) Proper referencing/citation of quotes and paraphrasing
(2) Titled, numbered pages, and single spacing in final draft
(3) Margins of no more than 1”
(4) Minimum length for each response: ___________________
(5) Maximum length for each response: ___________________
Purchase this item for $1 less at: The Night Wanderer: End of Novel Essay Assignment