1. recognize that nitrogen is an essential element in the life processes of all living things,
2. understand that nitrogen is an abundant element in the atmosphere,
3. understand that nitrogen must be fixed before it can be used by plants, and how nitrogen is fixed,
4. understand how nitrogen cycles from the atmosphere to the lithosphere through the biosphere, and then back to the atmosphere,
5. recognize the key role that microscopic organisms play in the nitrogen cycle,
6. recognize the impact of human activity on the amount of biologically available nitrogen.
Each page invites your learner to interactive with the subject to engage the information. Lessons use audio, animation, virtual manipulatives and other engaging experiences. Our Lessons are compete with a lesson plan and a companion quiz so you can quickly prepare and evaluate your learners’ progress.
To use these lessons you will need a free viewer from SMART Technologies™ called SMART Notebook interactive Viewer. Here is the link to download that software if needed.
http://bit.ly/IS56tK This is the link to the free viewer.
Scroll down until you see "SMART Notebook Interactive Viewer" and then select your version, Mac or PC.