Do you need a fun way to review form and rhythmic concepts through a classical connection? If so, these listening activities are for you! This set of activities focuses on the Arabian Dance from The Nutcracker by Peter Illich Tchaikovsky.
The set includes:
- Arabian Dance PREVIEW PDF (shows all files included in the set)
- Composer Bio Teacher Edition (Printable in Color)
- Composer Bio Student Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about Tchaikovsky while the teacher shares from the Teacher's Edition.
- Animated Listening Map PowerPoint (for Projection)
**This listening map focuses on identifying instrument timbres. It includes the composer biography and Nutcracker story as well.
- Animated Listening Map Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can color the instrument pictures and use the worksheet as a manipulative to track the form while listening to the piece.
- Woodwind Instrument Study PDF (for Projection)
**This study includes a separate slide for the flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe, English horn, and bassoon that has a picture of the instrument, facts, and links to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and San Francisco Symphony for Kids websites for additional sound clips and images. It includes the composer biography and Nutcracker story as well.
- Woodwind Instrument Identification Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can color and identify the woodwind instruments from the study.
- Woodwind Instrument Assessment Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can draw and color one of the instruments from the study. Then, they will list 2-3 facts about the instrument.
Due to copyright, the recordings of the pieces are not included with this product.
Please follow us for product updates and freebies! We also value your feedback! Thank you for your support of Cowgirl Compositions!