Do you need a fun way to review question/answer form, high/low melodic concepts and rhythmic concepts through a classical connection? If so, these listening activities are for you! This set of activities focuses on the Chinese Dance from The Nutcracker by Peter Illich Tchaikovsky.
The set includes:
- Chinese PREVIEW PDF (shows all files included in the set)
- Composer Bio Teacher Edition (Printable in Color)
- Composer Bio Student Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about Tchaikovsky while the teacher shares from the Teacher's Edition.
- Chinese New Year Fun Facts PDF (Projectable)
**Teachers can have students read about the Chinese New Year Festival OR print the pages in color
- Chinese New Year Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about the Chinese New Year while the teacher shares from the projectable file.
- 2 Animated Listening Map PowerPoints (for Projection)
**This listening map focuses on identifying the question and answer form of the piece by identify high and low melodies. It includes the composer biography and Nutcracker story as well.
- 2 Animated Listening Map Worksheets (Printable)
**Students can color the pictures representing each theme and use the worksheet as a manipulative to track the form while listening to the piece.
- Instrument Play Along Activity PDF (for Projection)
**This listening map shows how students can use classroom instruments to practice and perform rhythmic patterns that correspond with the form of the piece. It includes the composer biography and Nutcracker story as well.
- Rhythm Pattern Assessment Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can perform one of the rhythmic patterns from the Play Along Activity as an assessment.
- Rhythm Composition Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can write their own rhythm patterns to perform with the piece.
Due to copyright, the recordings of the pieces are not included with this product.
Please follow us for product updates and freebies! We also value your feedback! Thank you for your support of Cowgirl Compositions!