Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
6.76 MB | 30 pages
Do you need a fun way to review form and rhythmic concepts through a classical connection? If so, these listening activities are for you! This set of activities focuses on the Dance of the Mirlitons from The Nutcracker by Peter Illich Tchaikovsky.
The set includes:
- Dance of the Mirlitons PREVIEW PDF (shows all files included in the set)
- Composer Bio Teacher Edition (Printable in Color)
- Composer Bio Student Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about Tchaikovsky while the teacher shares from the Teacher's Edition.
- Animated Listening Map PowerPoint (for Projection)
**This listening map focuses on identifying the instrumental themes of the piece by tracking the form. It includes the composer biography and Nutcracker story as well.
- Animated Listening Map Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can color the pictures representing each theme and use the worksheet as a manipulative to track the form while listening to the piece.
- Instrument Play Along Activity PDF (for Projection)
**This listening map shows how students can use classroom instruments to practice and perform rhythmic patterns that correspond with the form of the piece. It includes the composer biography and Nutcracker story as well.
- Rhythm Pattern Assessment Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can perform one of the rhythmic patterns from the Play Along Activity as an assessment.
- Rhythm Composition Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can write their own rhythm patterns for the A and B sections to perform with the piece.
Due to copyright, the recordings of the pieces are not included with this product.
Please follow us for product updates and freebies! We also value your feedback! Thank you for your support of Cowgirl Compositions!