The Nutcracker Virtual Field Trip Christmas Unit for Elementary Music
- Google Slides™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- I had heard about people using Virtual Field Trips on Google Slides for elementary music lessons, but I wasn't sure. Then I tried these Virtual Field Trips with my fourth and fifth graders, and they loved it! Use for distance learning via Zoom, asynchronously, or in class whole group.In these GooglePrice $24.00Original Price $30.00Save $6.00
- Looking for fun music lessons for the holiday season? These Christmas lessons include sing alongs, Virtual Field Trips, the Nutcracker, songs, rhythm, and more! These activities will keep your elementary music students engaged and learning about music until the end of the year.This is a growing bundPrice $28.00Original Price $36.00Save $8.00
- Looking for fun music lessons for the holiday season? These Christmas lessons include sing alongs, Virtual Field Trips, the Nutcracker, songs, rhythm, and more! These activities will keep your elementary music students engaged and learning about music until the end of the year.This is a growing bundPrice $60.00Original Price $85.00Save $25.00
Looking for a FUN way to teach your students all about The Nutcracker? With this Virtual Field Trip, students will experience 7 of the pieces from the ballet. They will be able to interact with it through rhythm play alongs, movement activities, and more. Plus-- everything is included which means there is little to no prep for you-- the busy music teacher balancing lessons, concerts, and holiday activities!
This Google Slides lesson has 7 different adventures. In these students will learn about instruments, play along with songs, move along with songs, learn about the story, and learn about Tchaikovsky.
All of the movement and play alongs are embedded YouTube videos from my YouTube channel (Becca's Music Room), so all you need to do is press play and have the students go for it! All pieces are included, and I do own the rights to all of the pieces.
This can be done whole group or individually (or both!). Students will need to be able to EDIT for the dragging and typing features. If you want students to do it alone, they will need their own copy. You can do this via Google Classroom or forcing a copy and having them share it with you. I talk about this and other Google Slides questions in this video.
This Virtual Field Trip is intended for upper grades (3-5), although pieces of it can be used with the younger students as well. The March section includes rhythms like triplets and dotted eighth sixteenths, so you can skip that part if you haven't reached those yet. The only other section with rhythms is the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies, which includes quarter notes, quarter rests, and eighth notes.
- Students will learn about the characters and the story of The Nutcracker
- Students will learn facts about Tchaikovsky
- Students will learn the form of Russian Dance/Trepak
- Movement activity (embedded Youtube video)
- Instrument activity (embedded Youtube video)
- Learn about the Flute
- Scarf movement activity (embedded YouTube video)
-Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy
- Learn about the celesta
- Rhythm play along with embedded YouTube video (quarter notes, eighth notes, quarter rests)
- Body percussion movement activity (embedded YouTube video)
- Rhythm play along (embedded YouTube video) (triplets, sixteenth notes, dotted eighth sixteenth)
- Cup routine (embedded YouTube video)
-Listening + answering questions
- Waltz of the Flowers (embedded YouTube video)
- Dance of the Reed Flutes (embedded YouTube video)
- Coffe/Arabian Dance (embedded YouTube video)
Other Holiday Activities:
12 Days of Christmas Music Activity and PowerPoint
Christmas Ornament Composition Activity
Christmas Rhythm Manipulatives and Flashcards
Snowmen Recorder Matching Game for Music Centers
Snowmen Piano Matching Game for Music Centers
Snowmen Rhythm Matching Game for Music Centers
Christmas Tree Hunt and Christmas Music Charades
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room