This unit has taken me several years to put together because it has so much and I don't include anything unless I have used it.
My students LOVE this unit. My grade level team does this this unit at the end of the year, but it can be done any time.
These activities can be used in kindergarten, First and most are appropriate for Second grade and Pre K also.
Language Arts / Science
1. 9 Read Aloud non-fiction ocean themed books (I use them on my Smartboard but also have a copy in my classroom library.
Fish / Crabs / Sea Turtle / Sharks / Clams & Scallops / Starfish, Sea Urchins & Sand Dollars / Whales / Tide Pools / Ocean Depths
2. Interactive sight word book
3. Collaborative Research Whale Fact Activity
4. Tide Pool interactive book
5. Sight word hunt & recording sheet (EDITABLE VERSION INCLUDED)
6. Blend Sort Activity
7. Sort My Blends Activity
8. Missing Vowel Treasure Hunt Sheet
Label the parts of a fish Ocean Depths Sheet
Two Literacy Poems
1. How Many Sea Creatures Card & Recording sheet
Measuring Whales Class Activity & recording graph sheet for individual students (there are colored and black & white so they can save you ink if you
* Visual cards for hallway
* tape measures to be made & then used
3. Copy & use sheets for math stations
* subtraction *addition * graph * addition & subtraction mixed
*counting objects & recording #
4. Greater Than & Less Than class game (EDITABLE VERSION INCLUDED)
5. Greater Than & Less Than center activity (EDITABLE VERSION INCLUDED)
6. What Number Come After center game (# through 99) (EDITABLE VERSION INCLUDED)
Art / Science
1. Interactive book on sea creatures – 1 small project for all week
2. Bubble fish
3. Sea turtle
4. Handprint crab
5. Handprint octopus
1. Wave In A Bottle Activity
2. Coconut sink / float & more activity