Designed to be completed in two parts, this packet includes everything you need to finish off the year with The Odyssey.
Part one of the test is designed to be completed in groups of four. The final covers books 9, 10, 12, 21, 22, and 23 from the McDougall Littell Literature textbook for 9th grade. Students are asked to create a test of their own using sections of the book.
Part two includes a short fifteen question test and an option for five argumentative writing topics.
This document is editable using Microsoft Word.
- a study guide for both sections of the exam (to be included in the test points if you choose) complete with scaffolding for the essay.
- an organization guide to help you grade the final essay and keep all last minute grades in one place.
Part I of the Test:
- scaffolding for creating a test with 10 matching, five short answer, and two essay questions.
- a checklist for including key elements you would like to see in the test (imagery, something from each book, etc).
- a group and self rubric to guide you in awarding points for participation.
Part II of the Test:
- a short fifteen question test (5 questions of review from the semester, 10 specific to The Odyssey).
- the final essay paper with five prompts to choose from.