The Omnivore's Dilemma: Young Readers Edition is an amazing resource for teaching students the research process. It's interesting, relevant to their lives, and is an awesome platform for inquiry based learning.
These resources have all been used in my classroom to genuinely astounding results. When given the autonomy to research an aspect of the food industry that they want to change, students dive deeply into the research--more so than they ever did on tasks I had explicitly assigned.
This bundle includes:
- Food or Nah? Anticipatory Activity
- Cornell Notes Template
- Student-Facing Research Prompt, Template, and Rubric
- Research Outlines (With and Without Sentence Stems)
- Supplementary Articles and Photos
- Writer's Stations with Guiding Questions and Evidence "Cheat Sheets"
- Peer-to-Peer Argument Evaluation Worksheet