Although this is titled as a Read-Aloud Packet, the contents inside are flexible, and can be used however you want. For example, as a quick-check or response after a read-aloud, a follow-along in a book club or literature circle, or notable stopping-points for turn-and-talk during a read-aloud.
Some teachers like using resources WITH GRAPHICS, and some prefer to do WITHOUT them, so BOTH types are included in the download. The preview does not include the graphics.
1. Reading Response Journal Booklet (To be copied front and back)
• One booklet with graphic art, one without
- Vocabulary previews
- Chapter Questions
- Questions and Notes lined pages
- Organized by parts, ordered by chapters
2. Booklet Printing Instructions
3. Complete Set of Reading Response Journal Pages (In its original large pdf format to be printed as the buyer desires)
• One set with graphic art, one without
4. 1 Set of Teacher Notes of the Entire Book
- Questions and Answers
- Notable vocabulary
- Author's Craft - lines from the book (for Writing connections)
- Organized by Parts, ordered by chapters
The booklet itself is 54 pages, and is intended to be printed front/back, then folded in half. If printed this way, it should require 14 sheets of paper.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PREVIEW and see if it's for you.
Since the book page numbers change depending on whether it was printed for a British or an American audience, is hardcover, or softcover, I did not write page numbers. Instead, the chapters are listed in order and the book as a whole is divided into parts. The Teacher’s Notes and Reading Response Journal Booklet is separated into 7 Parts. I would suggest that if your students are following along in their own copies while using the response journal, place markers and organize the book into 7 parts before beginning.
Each of the 7 parts of the Reading Response Journal come with a lined page for Questions and Notes and a complete blank page. Please use these if the printed questions don’t suffice. I would also suggest using sticky notes to add more thoughts to the response journal where you’re unable to write directly below certain chapters.
Please note that due to the briefness of some chapters and my intentions to focus on certain parts, not all chapters come with notes, questions, or vocabulary.