The Oneida Song teaches Aboriginal Language, Diversity, Kindness and Respect
ONYAT’A:KA is 2:30 long and was written with Oneida students at Standing Stone School. The Oneida are known within the Iroquois Confederacy as Onyata’a:ka, “People of the Standing Stone.”
Onyata’a:ka - Oneida/Standing Stone
U:kwehuwe - people
I:neh ka’i:ka - this is me
Click here to watch Oneida students singing ONYAT'A:KA
ONYAT'A:KA is part of the Songs From Schools series of lessons that make values meaningful, using music to reinforce character values that I'm sure you're already trying to teach your students that create a safe and supportive culture in the classroom.
The lyric video provides an ideal learning format for learning Oneida providing the proper pronunciation that students are able to follow along.
All Lyric Videos Come With Additional
Material To Enhance Each Lesson; Such As:
• Lyric music video [HD Download] *
Watch the video on Teachers Pay Teachers, or Download it to make it easy and convenient to use. (Download Link Included in Supporting Document)
• Lyric videos use big, bright clear fonts making it easy for
your students to sing along as the video plays
• Support material includes the story behind the song and the students and the school where it was written, providing a greater understanding and appreciation
• Many songs have actions that make it fun and interactive and provide a great opportunity for students to move and dance
• There are additional learning activities included for each song, to promote greater understanding and group discussions
• You will also find additional links to live video performances from English, French and First Nations schools as students from across Canada sing these songs
• You also get an MP3 version of the song to make it as easy and convenient as possible to take the music with you so you can listen in the gym, the playground or even the drive home!
You can download the video, MP3, lesson and Behind The Scenes, Stories & Songs of a Nation pdf to make it as easy and convenient as possible to use this material.