Also included in
- This Indigenous social studies history unit is a printable package that blends First Nations history lessons with engaging activities. This resource focuses on aspects of pre-contact, post-contact, the fur trade, and aspects of daily Indigenous life.In this unit, you will receive all you need to tea$26.00$34.50Save $8.50
- This Indigenous (First Nations, Native American) all year social studies mega bundle is full of a meaningful printables, lessons, activities, information and games to teach Indigenous history and Indigenous cultural values.Moreover, this unit takes out the guesswork and research to create authentic$68.00$95.00Save $27.00
- This Indigenous residential school orange shirt day unit is a meaningful printable package that gently teaches residential school history to elementary (intermediate) and middle school students through meaningful lessons, art projects, and activities. Using the anchor texts such as The Orange Shirt$10.00$13.25Save $3.25
This Indigenous (Aboriginal, First Peoples, First Nations) orange shirt day and residential school unit is a meaningful printable package that gently teaches residential school history to primary and intermediate students through art projects and printable activities.
Using the anchor texts The Orange Shirt Story, Phyllis's Orange Shirt, Orange Shirt Day, or Stolen Words as jumping off points, this resource provides an entry level look into residential schools or into a social studies unit. Alternately it could be used as a stand alone or Orange Shirt Day or National Indigenous Peoples Day (formerly known as Aboriginal Day).
This resource is and can be easily assigned for distance learning through TM.
What you get:
- 11 Activities (Retelling, Main details, Comprehension, Empathy Building and Cumulative options)
- 2 Art Projects with Global Indigenous Patterns example sheet
Note - A part of the sales from this resource are donated to the Indian Residential School Survivors Society
The intended grade level for these activities are Grades 2-6
Thank you for your purchase, and please take a moment to review this product once downloaded.
You may also be interested in my other products:
Stolen Words: A Residential School Unit for Primary (Also in French)
For freebies and the latest resources, follow me by clicking here