The Oregon Trail Activities | Westward Expansion Map
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Social Studies Class will be your students' favorite time of the day with this popular, engaging bundle of activities, including foldables, timelines, mini books, bulletin boards, and more! The hands-on units in this bundle will help your students learn and understand the events and concepts of AmerPrice $59.95Original Price $79.00Save $19.05
Your students will love learning about the Oregon Trail with this fun interactive packet. The hands-on activities, including a mini book, packing the wagon simulation, map, bulletin board, and more, will help your students learn and understand the history of the Oregon Trail!
Click the PREVIEW to see everything included in this resource!
Click here and SAVE 20% by buying ALL 15 Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units in one Year-Long Bundle.
This resource includes both a printable version AND a digital version. The digital version is on Google Slides and is perfect for distance learning, independent work, centers, and more!
This high-interest, engaging Oregon Trail packet has 5 components:
- Interactive Notebook Foldables: Printable concept maps for the What, Where, When, Why, Who, and How of the Oregon Trail. You can choose to either use the preprinted notes or the blank template if you want your students to write their own notes.
- Map it Out: This mapping activity has students trace the Oregon Trail and create a foldable map which can be used in students' interactive notebooks.
- Mini Book: Students will enjoy creating this informative mini book to gain a better understanding of the Oregon Trail.
- Packing the Wagon Activity: Using the provided Weight Guide Sheet and the Shopping Guide, students plan and prepare a shopping list of items to take on the Oregon Trail. The total weight of the supplies cannot be more than 2,400 pounds. This can either be an independent activity or a group activity! These can be used on the bulletin board.
- Bulletin Board Set: Use these pieces to create a bulletin board to display the final Packing the Wagon sheets from the student activity. Includes bulletin board header, letters, illustrated accent pieces, and photo directions.
The packet also includes a teacher-direction sheet with photo examples of the projects in use in the classroom. It is very clear and easy-to-use; basically just print and go! My students loved these activities; I think yours will, too!
You can find each of the individual Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units here:
Maps, Continents, and Landforms
Colonial America - Jobs and Trades
The Civil War - Events Leading to the War
Elections and the Voting Process
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, FOLLOW ME and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,