PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This set of paired passages includes one nonfiction passage and a fictional passage about the Oregon Trail as well as close reading activities. This packet would be a great supplement to review concepts about westward expansion and the Oregon Trail.
Pick and choose what close reading and comprehension activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These passages are most appropriate for 4th and 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 1 fictional passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response task for each passage
- Cause and effect cut and paste
- Summary organizer
- Vocabulary task
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational Writing
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
Connect With Me: