While some of us seem to be “natural” organizers, many
people (both children and adults!) struggle with developing and
maintaining successful systems for daily organization.
Organization is made up of a set of explicit skills that can (and should!) be taught to students to help them be successful in school and beyond.
This packet was created with students in grades K-4 in mind
and can be used as a tool to help teachers and families
develop successful homework routines with children. This packet will be part of a series that will eventually be offered as a bundle pack - if you are interested in a particular topic, please use the TpT Product Question space.
In this packet you will find:
1. A letter to families
2. Four family "newsletters" that can be sent home to educate parents and other family members about setting up meaningful homework routines - Topics include setting up a homework hub, establishing a homework schedule, homework incentive programs and and homework goals.
3. A homework goal chart to be used at home with directions for use
4. The Homework Knight Incentive System (similar to the desk fairy!) with poster, instructions and individual cards.
5. Two different checklists that can be used to set up and reinforce homework expectations - one is a split page that can be copied, cut and stapled to HW for easy fill-out.
6. A "Don't Forget Your Name" Sign
7. Two "I Can" Posters- I Can Do My Homework and I Can Show My Best Work
8. 20+ student goal cards written in kid-friendly "I Can" language regarding homework routines and best work.