The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
Novel Unit - Common Core-Aligned - An 85-page resource, designed to capture your student's attention, enhance close reading skills, and facilitate deep thinking and discussion when reading S.E. Hinton's beloved novel, The Outsiders.
The Outsiders Novel Unit is organized as a Survival Guide packet for students, chapter-by-chapter quizzes, and a final exam. The product contains:
1. NOVEL WEBQUEST
– This 25 question web quest provides background knowledge on the author, time period, and other important concepts students need to know to connect with the novel. Sold as a separate resource for 2.00
2. CHAPTER-BY-CHAPTER VOCABULARY AND SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
- Fifteen pages of vocabulary and questions for each chapter. Students cite text-based evidence to analyze what the text says, make inferences, analyze dialogue, figurative language, and character's point of view.
3. CHARACTER CHART
- Students record text details and descriptions for each of the Greasers based on the novel's first chapter.
4. "NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY"
- Two pages of in-depth line-by-line analysis of Robert Frost's poem. A complete answer key is included. Sold as a separate resource for 2.00.
5. TWITTER TEMPLATE
– A blank Twitter template for students to fill out to reflect upon major incidents form a specific character's point-of-view. This is great for student engagement and creativity!
6. NOVEL TIMELINE
- A three-page handout that requires students to sequence 22 main events between the greasers and the Socs in Tulsa, Oklahoma, from 1964 to 1965. Sold as a separate resource for 1.00.
7. 12 CHAPTER-BY-CHAPTER QUICK QUIZZES
– 5 to 6 question quizzes to gage basic student comprehension. Great for a quick assessment. Sold as part of a separate bundle for 3.50
8. NOVEL FINAL EXAM
- A fifty question assessment that includes multiple choice, matching, true / false, and short answer questions. A complete answer key is included. This is an editable Microsoft Word document. Sold as part of a separate bundle for 3.50
9. BODY BIOGRAPHY
- This is a final group assignment that really allows students to illustrate their understanding of key characters in the novel.
9. ANSWER KEY
- A complete Answer Key for all chapter vocabulary and questions.
Buy this product now and be ready to teach the novel tomorrow! The only prep you have to do is run copies!
Check out my other Novel Guides.
Connect with me at:
. . .Pinterest
. . .My Blog
. . .Instagram
Thanks so much for stopping by!