This unit is for use when teaching the novel, The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton.
I have created this unit so that the questions and writings are similar to items students will encounter on state standardized tests. There are close reading questions for most chapters. The unit also contains 2 pages of notes to the buyer explaining the resources included for each chapter as well as information about how I teach and use the resources.
Included in this purchase:
1. Teacher notes for most chapters with explanations of how I teach the novel in my classes, and how I use the resources included.
2. Instructions for creating a mind map for characterization and an assignment for students to complete on characters through entire novel.
3. Close reading, inference, text evidence questions for 7 chapters including answer keys.
4. Three writing assignments to use throughout the novel: things are rough all over, theme, Ponyboy's Emotional Journey
5. Movie viewing worksheet and writing assignment.
The movie viewing worksheet and writing assignment is available separately in my TPT store.
I have used these materials as a Co-teacher in a general education classroom, and in my junior high Reading Intervention class.
If you purchase, please leave feedback after you have had a chance to look at the product. You receive free TPT credits for doing so, and I value the feedback.
Thanks for visiting my store!