Looking for a fun activity to top off your book unit? Try The Outsiders edition of ThemeQuotes Trivia Games!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* are both fun and educational!
* link famous quotations to the themes of the books you teach!
* combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games also:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students' understanding of theme
* challenge students' reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
Students have fun while being exposed to some of the greatest thinkers in history-Gandhi, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Nietzche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
The Outsiders edition includes:
* over 300 trivia questions
* 16 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE FOR THIS TITLE!
Many different editions at all levels--just search for your favorite title!
NOTE: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Visit my store to receive your FREE Bookmarks Plus edition of THE OUTSIDERS!
Below are my 15 fun and unique products over THE OUTSIDERS! Check them out in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE OUTSIDERS edition—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading tools!
• THE OUTSIDERS Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 300 questions!
• THE OUTSIDERS: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE OUTSIDERS: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the THE OUTSIDERS edition of Bookmarks Plus and the THE OUTSIDERS Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE OUTSIDERS: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE OUTSIDERS: 10 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: The Mississippi River; Jim’s Escape; Pap; Bricksville; Huckleberry; The King and the Duke; Huck Vernacular; Mark Twain; Tom Sawyer; The Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons . Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE OUTSIDERS: Completing Characters’ Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
• THE OUTSIDERS: Challenging Words Crossword—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE OUTSIDERS: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Fun Objective Test Review! Great way to check students’ reading abilities.
• THE OUTSIDERS: 6 Word Searches Based on the Novel! Categories: Characters; Dally; Soda Pop; Socs; Proper Nouns; Johnny
• THE OUTSIDERS: Identifying Characters by Quotations Crossword Students use their knowledge of the story as well as their spelling skills to solve these fun puzzles!
• THE OUTSIDERS: Completing Clichés Crossword—Fun! Great way to familiarize students with clichés!
• THE OUTSIDERS: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE OUTSIDERS: 12 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Novel! Students decode thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE OUTSIDERS: 16 Theme-Related Quotations Plus Teaching Ideas! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!