The Outsiders Workbook is a complete novel unit with everything you need to teach The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. It is filled with unique projects, activities, and resources based on Bloom's Taxonomy and higher levels of thinking.
: This bundle includes both the PRINTABLE version and the DIGITAL version. The digital version is perfect for distance learning and is compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom.
This workbook has been fully edited by a professional proofreader.
Answer key for comprehension questions is included.
This EDITABLE resource is appropriate for grades 6-9 and includes the following activities:
- Workbook template with tabs for organization
- DIGITAL workbook template for students
- Welcome letter for students
- Sections based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Directions on each page
- 15 bell ringer prompts related to The Outsiders
- Before You Read activity
- Chapter based comprehension questions and discussion questions
- Answer key included
- Vocabulary charts
- Extended plot structure
- The Outsiders characterization flipbook
- Greasers vs Socs comparison
- Classroom Trophies: Discovering themes in characters activity
- Letter to Johnny
- The Outsiders task cards
- “Walk a Mile in His Shoes” activity
- The Outsiders literary elements focus lesson
- Identifying themes resource
- Figurative language tic-tac-toe
- Dual self-portrait project
- Lessons learned in The Outsiders activity
- Mirror, mirror on the wall project
- The Outsiders Test
- “Nothing Gold Can Stay” poem analysis
- Chocolate cake group activity
This resource is based on Bloom's Taxonomy-- higher level thinking skills!
Your students will master a variety of skills during this unit including:
-Writing for purpose
-Reading beyond the text
-How to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate, and create based on the text and materials included
-How to follow along with the text and identify themes, figurative language, and literary elements
-How to identify stereotypes and eliminate bullying
-Mastery of vocabulary terms
-Identify and explain the plot structure of the novel
-Create products for a purpose
Please download the preview for more information. The preview provides images of The Outsiders Workbook in action.
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!