Outsiders by SE Hinton Complete Novel Bundle
People have been asking me to bundle my Outsiders Unit and here it is! This is a very comprehensive bundle with more than 200 pages of instructional resources and activities related to S. E. Hinton’s classic novel, "The Outsiders." I have compiled it over 20 years. I don’t think you will find a more comprehensive or compelling unit for your students to enjoy and learn from. This whole novel bundle includes:
1) Scavenger hunts for information: (9 chapters) These are 30-35 question active reading scavenger hunts where students actively hunt for information while they read. They include questions related to events, conflicts, literary devices, vocabulary, and figurative language as they appear in the story. These scavenger hunts are meant to enhance enjoyment and understanding and are always a hit with my kids..
2) Answering Questions with a Quote Open Book Quiz/Test (3 chapters)
This is a complex activity which challenges students to not only answer questions, but to also support their answers with at least one quote from characters in the story. My students find this challenging, but very interesting! It makes them delve more deeply into the plot, motivation, and conflicts of the story. This can be used either as a reading activity or as an open book test or quiz while reading. There are 14- questions with answer sheets are included.
3) Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activities for every chapter.
In these activities, students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills to determine the meaning of new words in context using actual text from the story. Students are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
4) Crossword Puzzles related to characters, events, vocabulary, and figurative language for every chapter with answer puzzles included.
5) The Outsiders Figurative Language Power Point and Worksheet
This is an interactive Power Point with interesting graphics and text which introduces your students to the different kinds or figurative language found in the story. It has a figurative language mini lesson which teaches your students about simile, metaphor, personification, synecdoche, allusion. and hyperbole. There are also worksheets with over 100 passages containing different types of figurative language with answer sheets included. It can be used as a worksheet or a test
6) The Outsiders 1960's Slang and Lingo Worksheet and Power Point
7) The Outsiders 1960s Important Events Power Point and Internet Scavenger Hunt
8) The Outsiders Foreshadowing Worksheet
9) The Outsiders Slang and Idiom Worksheet and Power Point
10) The Outsiders Special Projects Power Point
11) Writing lessons on,
a) Using More Powerful Words in an essay
b) Writing an Essay Question Strategy Power Point and Worksheet
Again I don’t think that you will find a more comprehensive and fun bundle on the Web. There are over 200 pages of activities. Also I will be adding things as the year progresses. Get it now at this lower price!
You can also access my store at