The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton is a book famous for its coming of age exploration of right and wrong. When Ponyboy gets caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, he has to figure out what the right thing to do is.
This novel study includes the following:
1) a listening activity through an interview with author S.E. Hinton
2) an activity on the setting of the novel, including historical background information
3) a list of themes the students will write on as they read
4) vocabulary work for each chapter
5) comprehension questions for each section of the book
6) A final project in which the students create a tri Venn-Diagram comparing themselves to the Greasers and Socs
7) Finally, they will take a quiz to show mastery of the concepts.
8) Teacher Guide with ANSWER Key
This is the guide to help your students understand The Outsiders better!