Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
32.36 MB | 108 pages
THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT
ELA Teaching Resources: The Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear
This unit of work includes a 108 slide PowerPoint slideshow and a booklet of 22 worksheets. The Owl and the Pussycat is a new and innovative teaching unit for Lear's much loved poem.
The Owl and the Pussycat is a detailed and extensive resource which covers several key areas required by the CCSS and includes a range of classroom activities for students of all abilities. Example activities are listed below:
- Making predictions about the story
- A copy of the poem with cartoon images and bright color
- Animated film of The Owl and the Pussycat
- Retelling strategies and comprehension questions
- Cloze exercise and storyboarding activities
- Tackling unfamiliar words and using a dictionary
- Rhyming words lesson with interactive game
- Identify adjectives in The Owl and the Pussycat
- A lesson on using adjectives to improve writing
- Compound words lesson and activities including compound words interactive game
- Full unit of work overview
- 108 slide PowerPoint resources
- 22 worksheets
To preview ELA Teaching Resources: The Owl and the Pussycat please click on the PowerPoint images.