The Pacific Garbage Patch - Twitter Science Worksheet Printable of Google
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This is a bundle of guides on the topic of ocean health and pollution. Every day ocean habitats are being threatened by pollution. How do we control these ever-increasing dangers to our global health and learn to be more sustainable?You can see each file listed below.This would also work for celebraPrice $40.00Original Price $54.00Save $14.00
- Has plastic created a plastic paradise? Or is our love of single-use plastic damaging our world beyond repair? This is an environmental lesson plan bundle of resources and activities that examine single-use plastic, ocean pollution, the great Pacific garbage patch, and clean up.These ocean conservatPrice $60.00Original Price $75.00Save $15.00
Help students learn about the pacific garbage patch using Twitter! This science worksheet printable or Google format has them learn more about the great pacific garbage patch clean-up.
You're strolling on the beach and suddenly stumble into a clutter of plastic garbage.
You look out into the beautiful horizon of your oceanfront hotel and notice a large floating mass, to a moment later realize you're staring at an island of plastic garbage! These are not the sights you hope to see while on an ocean vacation, but more and more these images are becoming the reality of our coastlines and oceans.
Use this activity guide to direct students to the current Twitter feed regarding The Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
The guide has them read through the feed and examine it for different perspectives, and information and also requires them to consider what comments they could make to further the conversation.
They don't need Twitter accounts to do this activity. I provide the Twitter research link directly on the student guide and list the topic they are to search at the top as well.
Twitter keeps us up to date on the current status of things in the world and this lesson is meant to show students how to use Twitter in an academic way. It is also a chance for them to learn that situations in the world are ever-changing.
You can use this as a sub plan, homework assignment or as classwork.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Google Slides for Google Classroom
- Digital-PDF for easy sharing or printing
- Needed research links are embedded
- 3 pages long
⏳ Teaching Time
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)