The following is a two-day (75 minute periods) lesson/worksheet on the Pacific Theater and the dropping of the atomic bomb during World War II. This lesson contains a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote class discussion and critical thinking.
Topics covered include:
• Island hopping campaign
• Kamikaze missions
• Battle of Peleliu
• Manhattan Project
• Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
• Do no that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Video questions for “The Pacific” Episode 7 – Peleliu – clips available on Youtube or available at your local library. WARNING - This clip include graphic language and violence. It is not essential for the lesson to show this, however.
• You Make the Call group activity – Atomic Bomb
• Link to BBC History of World War II – Hiroshima
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions
• Why Did They Drop the Bomb Activity
• Includes several critical thinking questions as well as many opportunities for class discussion.
NEW! Answer key included!
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. Please rate this worksheet if you decide to purchase it. Thanks!
I also offer this worksheet bundled with several others from the World War II era...
Bundle #5 - World War II - Global/World/US History Common Core
...or bundled with an expanded bundle of World War II worksheets...
Bundle #6 - Expanded World War II - Global/World History Common Core